01843 821 253
COVID-19 Client Guidance and Information
We will ensure this page is kept up to date as soon as we get information, if you are an existing client we will call you with any changes as soon as possible should it effect you.
- Funerals are to be arranged over the phone or via email as much as is practicably possible.
- Face masks must be worn in funeral directors offices as from 8th August (U.K. Government)
Attending and carrying out funerals
- Currently at Thanet Crematorium 15 People allowed in Chapel
- Face masks must be worn at funerals (held indoors) as of 8th August (U.K. Government)
- 30 people are permitted outside the crematorium, however the glass doors are closed during the service
- Burials are Graveside services up to 15 people.
- Thanet Crematorium offers a Webcast service (subject to availability) so it can be viewed from home, this is currently still charged for but we will be offering a reduced fee.
- Services can be recorded by the crematorium to be watched by those who cant attend. There is a charge for this service set by the crematorium.
- Burials of cremated remains can now take place
- 6 people are permitted to attend a burial of ashes (Thanet Crematorium Policy)
Viewings and Chapel Visits
- At the moment advise on viewing someone who has passed away from COVID-19 is mixed but industry bodies are recommending that viewing does NOT take place. You can still visit our chapel with the coffin sealed.
- People who have passed away and have NOT had the infection will be able to have chapel visits as per our normal practice.
Measures we are taking
- We are providing hand sanitizer in our reception for use on entry and exit
- Our arrangement rooms are being disinfected after use
- Limousines are now available again, however they only seat 6 rather than 7 (This is so no one sits in the front with the driver, the privacy screen is closed and not to be opened.)
- Staff are not shaking hands with clients
W.S. Cole & Son Ltd
17-19 High Street,