A Golden Charter funeral plan is a safe way to plan ahead for you and your family.
Whatever your reason for planning ahead, with the personal care and attention of W.S. Cole & Son, you’re in the best of hands.
A funeral plan is an easy way to arrange the funeral you want in advance. A plan allows you to specify your wishes and pay for the funeral director’s services included in your plan. As customers often tell us, that can bring peace of mind to you and your family. A plan from Golden Charter also includes an allowance towards third party costs. These are essential, non-funeral director services such as the cremation or burial fees, plus the minister or officiant’s fee to perform the service. The value of the allowance included in your plan may grow over time. There will only be more to pay at the time of the funeral if the third party costs exceed the allowance when you buy your plan, or if the costs increase by more than the growth of your plan.
At W. S. Cole & Son Ltd we work in partnership with Golden Charter to provide you with a simple way to plan ahead. As one of the UK’s largest funeral plan providers*, Golden Charter has helped 900,000 people make funeral provisions** so we’re completely confident in offering their plans to you.
Everyone has different needs when it comes to funeral planning, so we make sure the plans we offer are as flexible as possible. When you get in touch, we’ll be happy to discuss your funeral requirements and tailor a plan to suit you. Rest assured a plan from Golden Charter is available to all UK residents, regardless of age or state of health.
Would you like to know more information about how a Golden Charter funeral plan could work for you? We can provide you with all of the information you need to make an informed decision for you and your family, so get in touch today!
*Based on a Golden Charter analysis and independent research of the funeral plan market size as at January 2023.
**Correct at March 2023
- W. S. Cole & Son Ltd is an appointed representative of Golden Charter Limited trading as Golden Charter Funeral Plans which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN:965279).
Fees: the retail price of your funeral plan is representative of the equivalent cost of a funeral today plus an arrangement fee of £285 which is retained by Golden Charter to help cover the costs of setting up your plan.
We offer 3 different plans to suit your needs.
The Standard Plan
The Standard Plan includes our services, a simple coffin, a funeral procession and a choice of time and date for the funeral. It also includes an allowance towards third party costs.
The Select Plan
The Select Plan offers the same services as the Standard Plan plus a limousine and a high quality coffin.
The Premier Plan
The Premier Plan is our most comprehensive option, offering the same features as the Simple Way plan plus two limousines and a superior coffin, often chosen for burial.
All our funeral plans include:
- Provision of professional services and making all arrangements for the funeral
- Advice on the certification and registration of the death and related documentation
- Care of the deceased prior to burial or cremation (excluding embalming)
- Arrangement of the funeral service at a local cemetery or crematorium
- Funeral procession to funeral location (fees and costs of a service at a separate location not included)
- Provision of sufficient staff to attend to the coffin as required
- Use of chapel of rest or service rooms
- Family viewing at any pre-arranged time
- Choice of date and time of funeral
- Hearse to a local crematorium or cemetery
- Funeral held on a normal weekday, during working hours
- A built-in allowance for third party costs of £1,100